There are several ecological theme parks in the area that offer a variety of activities all in one place making them a perfect choice if you want a selection of activities and see many of the features of the Maya Riviera in a single trip. The parks are designed for tourists, are generally family friendly and feature many amenities to make your visit fun and comfortable.
If you prefer fewer tourists and a more natural experience you can try visiting a nature reserve instead of an ecological theme park.
Below are some ecological theme parks you can consider:
- 18 minutes drive from Lol Ka’naab
- Main attraction is an extremely impressive cave walk – voted one of the best in the world
- Features other activities too, such as zip lining, snorkelling, and a zoo
- Restaurant on site
Selvatica Zip Line
- 1 hour 10 minutes drive from Lol Ka’naab
- This park is designed around extreme adventure activities. It is highly recommended for adults, although they have packages for kids as well.
- The activities you will do here are: ziplines, extreme and muddy jungle ATV tours, and cenote swimming.
- They have some good packages (that include lunch) so you can try their various activities.
- 19 minutes from Lol Ka’naab
- This tour combines riding mountain bikes through jungle trails, rappelling into and exploring caves, and swimming in underwater rivers
Xplor / Xcaret
These parks are both owned by the same group of people, are located right next to each other. They are heavily visited by tourists of the nearby resorts. They are like a Mayan Riviera ecological Disneyland.
- Located 20 minutes from Lol Ka’naab
- Xcaret has an orchid museum, nature walks, an aquarium, underground river, zoos, buttery pavilion, a swim with sharks feature, and nightly mayan themed performances and more. It is an educational park that is family friendly.
- Xplor is located right next to Xcaret and is a newer addition. At Xplor the types of activities area a little more adventurous, including a massive zip line, an amphibious vehicle cave tour, and underwater river rafting. Xplor is open at night and features some cool nighttime themed activities such as walks through the jungle with torches and starlight zip lining.