Weather / When To Go
December – April:
- Mostly dry with some Nortes (high winds).
- Prices for attractions are more expensive and crowds are larger.
- Tourism slows in April and can be an excellent month to visit. However, sargassum blooms can sometimes still be a problem as early as April.
July – August:
- Very hot & humid.
- Area sees more vacationing Mexicans because its cooler along the Riviera Maya than inland Mexico.
- Heavy sargassum on beaches in July and usually August.
- Hurricanes can happen in July and August.
May – June & September – November:
- September – November are cooler weather.
- Hurricane season officially starts in June, but severe hurricanes are most common in late summer.
- Hurricane season officially ends in December.
- Prices for attractions are cheaper and crowds are smaller.
- June can be bad for sargassum on beaches.
- October & November are great months to visit for lower prices, smaller crowds and favourable weather.
- September and October are good months to witness turtle hatching.